This is the command compton-trans that can be run in the OnWorks free hosting provider using one of our multiple free online workstations such as Ubuntu Online, Fedora Online, Windows online emulator or MAC OS online emulator
compton-trans - an opacity setter tool
compton-trans [-w WINDOW_ID] [-n WINDOW_NAME] [-c] [-s] OPACITY
compton-trans is a bash script that sets _NET_WM_WINDOW_OPACITY attribute of a window
using standard X11 command-line utilities, including xprop(1) and xwininfo(1). It is
similar to transset(1) or transset-df(1).
Specify the window id of the target window.
Specify and try to match a window name.
Specify the currently active window as target. Only works if EWMH _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW
property exists on root window.
Select target window with mouse cursor. This is the default if no window has been
Specify the new opacity value for the window. This value can be anywhere from 1-100.
If it is prefixed with a plus or minus (+/-), this will increment or decrement from
the target window’s current opacity instead.
· Set the opacity of the window with specific window ID to 75%:
compton-trans -w "$WINDOWID" 75
· Set the opacity of the window with the name "urxvt" to 75%:
compton-trans -n "urxvt" 75
· Set current window to opacity of 75%:
compton-trans -c 75
· Select target window and set opacity to 75%:
compton-trans -s 75
· Increment opacity of current active window by 5%:
compton-trans -c +5
· Decrement opacity of current active window by 5%:
compton-trans -c -- -5
Use compton-trans online using onworks.net services