This is the Linux app named 4tH compiler whose latest release can be downloaded as 4th-3640.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named 4tH compiler with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
4tH is a Forth compiler with a little difference. Instead of the standard Forth engine it features a conventional compiler. 4tH is a very small compiler that can create bytecode, C-embeddable bytecode, standalone executables, but also works fine as a scripting language. It supports about 95% of the ANS Forth CORE wordset and features conditional compilation, pipes, files, assertions, forward declarations, enumerations, structures, suspended execution, recursion, include files, etc. It comes with an RPN calculator, line editor, preprocessor, compiler, decompiler, C-source generator, a virtual machine, and a multitasking environment.
- Supports over 95% of the ANS-Forth CORE wordset
- Easily embeddable in a C program
- Integrates seamlessly with the Unix development environment
- Comes with over 450 libraries
- Over 600 A4 pages of documentation
- Very capable preprocessor
- Turbo C and GCC like frontends
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/forth-4th/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.