This is the Linux app named abcCairo whose latest release can be downloaded as abcCairo_12_Aug_2021_1041.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named abcCairo with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
abcCairo is a project to create a Cairo backend for abcm2ps, enabling it to generate PNG files.
abcm2ps is a command line program written by Jean-François Moine which
converts abc music notation to music sheet in PostScript or SVG format.
It is an extension of Michael Methfessel's abc2ps.
The Cairo graphics library is an open-source graphics library
offering a similar 2D graphics model to PostScript. The Cairo
library can write to a GTK canvas, allowing integration with programs
using the GTK+ toolkit, or it can write to an image file such as a
PNG file. This means that other programs can have access to the abcm2ps
music-rendering capability without having to incorporate a
- Retains the original abcm2ps functionality
- Adds a new -CPNG flag to select PNG output
- Will generate one PNG file per tune
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/abccairo/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.