This is the Linux app named abcCairo whose latest release can be downloaded as windows_abcCairo_10_Mar_2023_2041.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named abcCairo with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
abcCairo is a project to create a Cairo backend for abcm2ps, enabling it to generate output in the formats supported by the Cairo library; PNG, SVG and PDF.
abcm2ps is a command line program written by Jean-François Moine which
converts abc music notation to music sheet in PostScript or SVG format.
It is an extension of Michael Methfessel's abc2ps. This project takes out
the PostScript commands to generate various musical symbols and instead
replaces them with Cairo function calls that generate the same musical
The Cairo graphics library is an open-source graphics library
offering a similar 2D graphics model to PostScript. The Cairo
library can write to a GTK canvas, allowing integration with programs
using the GTK+ toolkit, or it can write to an image file in a choice of
formats: PNG, SVG or PDF.
This means that other programs can have access to the abcm2ps
music-rendering capability without having to incorporate a
- Retains the original abcm2ps PostScript and encapsulated PostScript generating functionality
- Adds new -CPNG, -CSVG and -CPDF/-PPDF flags to select PNG, SVG or PDF output
- Generates one PNG/SVG/PDF file per tune with -C<format> options
- Executables available for Linux and Windows
- Can be compiled using Pango or in non-Pango mode to simplify the dependencies
- Generates a PDF file of all tunes with -PPDF option
- Comes with source code for gtk_abcCairo, a graphical display program for a tune in an abc file
- also fl_abcCairo, another graphical display program but based on FLTK.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/abccairo/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.