This is the Linux app named Amazon EC2 Instance Selector whose latest release can be downloaded as v2.4.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Amazon EC2 Instance Selector with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Amazon EC2 Instance Selector
A CLI tool and go library which recommends instance types based on resource criteria like vcpus and memory. There are over 270 different instance types available on EC2 which can make the process of selecting appropriate instance types difficult. Instance Selector helps you select compatible instance types for your application to run on. The command-line interface can be passed resource criteria like vcpus, memory, network performance, and much more and then return the available, matching instance types. If you are using spot instances to save on costs, it is a best practice to use multiple instances types within your auto-scaling group (ASG) to ensure your application doesn't experience downtime due to one instance type being interrupted. Instance Selector will help to find a set of instance types that your application can run on.
- Instance Selector can also be consumed as a go library for direct integration into your go code
- Filter AWS Instance Types using declarative resource criteria like vcpus, memory, network performance, and much more!
- Aggregate filters allow for more opinionated instance selections like --base-instance-type and --flexible
- Consumable as a go library
- To execute the CLI, you will need AWS credentials configured
- Find Instance Types with 4 GiB of memory, 2 vcpus, and runs on the x86_64 CPU architecture
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/amazon-ec2-inst-select.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.