This is the Linux app named android-backup-splitter whose latest release can be downloaded as adb-split-no-extraction.sh. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named android-backup-splitter with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
This project consists of two shell scrips.
One splits an adb backup into several ones by app name extracting the contents of the tars to a temporal folder and then re-taring everything to get the individual ab for each android app.
The other shell script uses Tar Binary Splitter to divide the main tar inside the adb backup without extracting anything from the tar, so is by far the best method.
Other software is needed. The bundle is included in Android Backup Extractor, with the full README as well:
Advanced End Users, Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/adb-split/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.