This is the Linux app named AnsiGL whose latest release can be downloaded as ansigl-0.0.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named AnsiGL with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Sourceforge is no longer being updated! Check out our new home instead:
AnsiGL is a C++ console text "graphics" API using simply ASCII characters and ANSI escape sequences, and all without the use of any video hardware. It strives to be a simple-to-use text-graphical toolkit have with an intuitive interface for developers, while maintaining a sufficiently high degree of flexibility.
Many comparable APIs tend to either use video hardware, or are simply not as fully-featured as one might hope or expect, at least in the area of visual elements. AnsiGL can serve to bridge that gap easier, and since it "renders" to a std::string (or optionally, an ncurses WINDOW *), integration should be relatively easy with just about any project. Bindings to ncurses are provided to allow for rapid, fully-featured application development with old and familiar friends, along with AnsiGL.
- Provides easy-to-use GUI-style features to text-based applications
- Extremely easy to integrate to any project (ultimately becomes a std::string)
- 256 color support with ANSI xterm-256color escape codes (can also optionally render to the standard 8 or 16 color ANSI)
- UTF-8 support, so any glyph can be rendered as long as your terminal will display it (though it is recommended to stay within the ANSI character set for maximum client compatibility)
- Comes with ncurses support allowing rendering to a WINDOW * (with ncursesw)
System Administrators, Developers
Project is a graphics toolkit
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/ansigl/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.