This is the Linux app named Applewood Computers Accounting System whose latest release can be downloaded as ACAS-Nightly.rar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Applewood Computers Accounting System with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Applewood Computers Accounting System
ACAS contains Sales, Purchase and Nominal Ledgers (Accounts Receivable, Payable and General Ledgers) as well as Stock Control (Inventory Control) along with IRS (Incomplete Records System).
This system is written in COBOL and uses Open/GNU Cobol which compiles via C code and is therefore compatible with the following platforms: Linux, Unix, Dos, Mac OSX, Windows providing you have installed the gcc C compiler or an equivalent as well as GC (GNUCobol formally Open Cobol) at a minimum v1.1. It also is working with GC v2.0+. Note that all testing is done using v2.0 and the report writer branch.
Current version only utilises standard Cobol flat files be they sequential or indexed. A later version will offer additional support for Oracle and Mysql.
- Operates under all platforms that can support the GCC compiler, eg, Linux, Unix, Mac, Windows, Dos. Work for any currency for businesses with a turnover less than 10 million per annum allthough it can be changed to support larger values.
- Additional programming support offered for extra functionality.
- Older (closed) versions currently in current operational use on IBM (using CICS) and ICL (now Fujitsu) and PC's .
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/acas/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.