This is the Linux app named Arianne RPG whose latest release can be downloaded as stendhal-1.37.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Arianne RPG with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Arianne is a multiplayer online engine to develop turn based and real time games, providing a simple way of creating the game server rules and clients like our MORPG Stendhal. Our engine Marauroa uses Java and SQL for hosting hundreds of players on a solo host.
Stendhal is a fun friendly and free multiplayer online adventure game with a huge and rich world. With hundreds of NPCs and different quests, features like the Travel log and achievement system keep track of progress. Thousands of creatures are ready to fight, above and below ground, and as players level up they can compare themselves on a detailed stats website.
The engine Marauroa provides a simple way of creating games on a portable and robust server architecture. Marauroa manages the client server communication and provides an object orientated view of the world for game developers. It handles database access in a transparent way to store player accounts, character progress and the state of the world
- Stendhal - MORPG featuring hundreds of NPCs and quests
- Stendhal - Huge and beautiful world to explore
- Stendhal - Statistics website and Hall of Fame
- Marauroa - Game server handling client-server communication
- Marauroa - Database persistence with asychronous access
- Marauroa - Flexibility of game rules. Apply to drawing boards, card games, PacMan ...
- Keep It Simple approach
- Release early, release often
- Automatic client updates
- Detailed tutorials to extend Stendhal or get started with Marauroa
- Supportive development team in IRC
Developers, End Users/Desktop
Java Swing, X Window System (X11), Win32 (MS Windows), Non-interactive (Daemon)
Python, PHP, Java
XML-based, MySQL, SQL-based
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/arianne/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.