This is the Linux app named Atari VCS (2600) Graphics Editor whose latest release can be downloaded as VCSGE.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Atari VCS (2600) Graphics Editor with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Atari VCS (2600) Graphics Editor
This version of the project was never fully realized. I have a much better tools and GUI that was never uploaded to SourceForge that I developed before I started down this road. I'm currently trying to track down the code. I recently logged in for a completely different reason only to notice that this software keeps getting downloaded... and there are probably lots of disappointed folks out there once they try to run it. Sorry about that.
Anyway, long story short... I'm looking for the real code that's actually usable. Check the Atari Age forums. Once I find it, I'll post a message about it there.
A cross-platform Java Application for creating, editing, and exporting Sprite and Playfield graphics for the Atari 2600 game console for the purpose of providing the modern Atari 2600 Homebrew community an enhanced graphics editor.
Developers, Other Audience
Java Swing, Project is a graphics toolkit
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/vcs-graphics/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.