This is the Linux app named Barman for PostgreSQL whose latest release can be downloaded as barman-2.12.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Barman for PostgreSQL with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Barman for PostgreSQL
Barman (backup and recovery manager) is an administration tool for disaster recovery of PostgreSQL servers written in Python.
It allows to perform remote backups of multiple servers in business critical environments and help DBAs during the recovery phase.
Barman's most wanted features include backup catalogs, retention policies, remote recovery, archiving and compression of WAL files and backups.
Barman is written and maintained by PostgreSQL professionals 2ndQuadrant.
- Full hot physical backup of a PostgreSQL server
- Point-In-Time-Recovery (PITR)
- Management of multiple PostgreSQL servers
- Remote backup of a PostgreSQL server
- Remote recovery of a backup for a PostgreSQL server
- Management of base backups and WAL files through a catalog
- ssh support for remote operations
- rsync over ssh support for file synchronisation and transfers
- Management of retention policies for backups and WAL files
- Incremental backup
- WAL hub (get-wal)
- Compression of WAL files (bzip2, gzip or custom)
- Backup general and disk usage information
- Integration with standard archiving tools (e.g. tar)
- Local recovery
- Relocation of PGDATA and tablespaces at recovery time
- Server diagnostics for backup
- Server status and information
- Pre/Post backup hook scripts
- Local storage of metadata
- INI configuration file
- Written in Python
- Control of bandwidth usage
Information Technology, System Administrators
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pgbarman/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.