This is the Linux app named BigCache whose latest release can be downloaded as v3.0.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named BigCache with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
To meet the requirements presented at the beginning of this chapter, we implemented our own cache and named it BigCache. The BigCache provides shards, eviction and it omits GC for cache entries. As a result, it is very fast cache even for large number of entries. Freecache is the only one of the available in-memory caches in Go which provides that kind of functionality. BigCache is an alternative solution for it and reduces GC overhead differently, therefore we decided to share it. Fast, concurrent, evicting in-memory cache written to keep big number of entries without impact on performance. BigCache keeps entries on heap but omits GC for them. To achieve that, operations on byte slices take place, therefore entries (de)serialization in front of the cache will be needed in most use cases.
- Requires Go 1.12 or newer
- Use custom initialization because additional memory allocation can be avoided in that way
- Writes and reads in BigCache are faster than in freecache
- BigCache relies on optimization presented in 1.5 version of Go
- Entries are kept in byte slices, to omit GC again
- BigCache does not handle collisions
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/bigcache.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.