This is the Linux app named BinaryView whose latest release can be downloaded as binaryview_1.0.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named BinaryView with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
BinaryView is able to show 2d binary data either as xy-plot or using a simple fragment shader. Standard shaders like simple color mapping or a relief shading for digital elevation data already exist, but you can also write your own shader.
As an example, the screenshots show Mars MOLA topographic data taken from http://pds-geosciences.wustl.edu/missions/mgs/megdr.html
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/binaryview/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.