This is the Linux app named bnf2xml whose latest release can be downloaded as bnf2xml-7.0.2.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named bnf2xml with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
bnf2xml a simple BNF parser that takes text as input, searches according to a BNF query file, and outputs text marked up by the xml labels that show context.
bnf2xml is as simple to use as any text binary ie, awk(1) grep(1). bnf2xml does not require C API because it outputs simple xml labeling.
README is visible on file dl page.
EXAMPLE: $ echo "hi" | bnf2xml patternfile
patternfile says how to find needle in haystack and what to show, ie:
<alph> ::= a | b | c | d ...
<word> ::= <alph>+
bnf2xml is a top down recursive parser. Unlike buttom up parsers like gcc(1) or some top downs, bnf2xml is completely unambiguous / resolves ALL conflicts. Slower on ave. for parsing C or than sed(1) for simple searches. Far easier than using flex/C to create a parser.
caveate: I do not suggest it's worth while to make a new gcc(1) using bnf2xml. bnf2xml an nth BETA release, but no complains yet.
- XML OUTPUT. (most that say xml mean xml input)
- BNF for C, K&R CPL, included (xml output example on file dl page) (is not %100 complete)
- Ability to do Binary Searching into very large strings lists.
- Other output allows full trace of matching (including errors).
- allows matching against a given BNF line number
- (note: some bnf parsers can be programmed to do xml output)
- README is visible on file download page
- featured yet small simple end-to-end footprint
- NEW: skip or print data (to not parse) quickly (for large file / data file work)
- NEW: emit uniqe label, position, length for pre-post filter processing
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/bnf2xml/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.