This is the Linux app named BoPlanets planetarium whose latest release can be downloaded as BoPlanets-V1.5.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named BoPlanets planetarium with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
BoPlanets is a virtual planetarium showing the planets relatively to any observing planet. The planets can be viewed in ecliptical-, equatorial- or horizontal view. The times of rise, transit and set of a planet can be determined.
Click on the link below to the web site of BoPlanets to see BoPlanets running as an applet.
- Solar system
- Ecliptic view
- Equatorial view
- Horizontal view
- Times of rise, transit and set of a planet
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/bo-planets/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.