This is the Linux app named BuckTagger whose latest release can be downloaded as required_lib.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named BuckTagger with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Using rules written in a Drools decision table, BuckTagger determines the correct Buckwalter Tag based on morphological properties of the input, automatically extracted or given by the user.
At the moment, BuckTagger is not complete; it can only handle input that is:
- In lexical form, i.e., no clitics or affixes.
- A Perfect or Imperfect Verb
- Preferably the first and before-last letters are diacritized/vocalized.
The interface is in Arabic.
See the README for more details.
There is much room for development. Feel free to comment.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/bucktagger/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.