This is the Linux app named CanCanCan whose latest release can be downloaded as 3.2.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named CanCanCan with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
CanCanCan is an authorization library for Ruby and Ruby on Rails which restricts what resources a given user is allowed to access. All permissions can be defined in one or multiple ability files and not duplicated across controllers, views, and database queries, keeping your permissions logic in one place for easy maintenance and testing. Authorizations library that allows you to define the rules to access different objects, and provides helpers to check for those permissions. Rails helpers to simplify the code in Rails Controllers by performing the loading and checking of permissions of models automatically and reduce duplicated code. The current user's permissions can then be checked using the can? and cannot? methods in views and controllers. One of the key features of CanCanCan, compared to other authorization libraries, is the possibility to retrieve all the objects that the user is authorized to access.
- CanCanCan uses appraisals to test the code base against multiple versions of Rails
- Retrieve all the objects that the user is authorized to access
- User permissions are defined in an Ability class
- Define the rules to access different objects
- Simplify the code in Rails Controllers
- Reduce duplicated code
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cancancan.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.