This is the Linux app named ChessX whose latest release can be downloaded as setup-chessx7-64b.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ChessX with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
A free and open source chess database application for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.
- Multi-platform. Supports Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- Load and save PGN files
- Work with multiple databases simultaneously
- Browse chess games, including variations
- Enter moves, variations, comments
- Setup board, copy/paste FEN
- Search in Databases for text or positions
- Display tree of moves for the current position
- Analyze using UCI and Winboard/Xboard Chess engines
- Prepare for openings or opponents
- Training mode (next move is hidden)
- Integrated Stockfish engine
- FICS Support
- Nalimov and Syzgy Tablebases
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/chessx/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.