This is the Linux app named Chronicle Backup whose latest release can be downloaded as chroniclebackup-1.0.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Chronicle Backup with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONChronicle is a set of BASH shell scripts that use rsync to back up data to a remote host. Snapshots are created and rotated using hard links to minimize storage requirements.
- Differential backups (rsync) minimize backup time
- Hard links enable multiple snapshots without redundant data
- Each backup appears as a complete copy of the source data
- Any number of snapshots can be maintained and automatically rotated
- Multiple backup periods can be maintained simultaneously
Advanced End Users, System Administrators
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/chroniclebackup/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.