This is the Linux app named Circular Multilateral Barter whose latest release can be downloaded as cmbarter-1.16.5.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Circular Multilateral Barter with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Circular Multilateral Barter
"Circular Multilateral Barter" (CMB) is aimed at supplying entrepreneurs with a way to exchange goods and services within a p2p-network, without using money, overcoming the "double coincidence of wants" problem, inherent to traditional barter.
Most importantly, CMB allows traders to issue their own currencies (called "products"), which others can redeem, trade, or make payments with.
One thing that distinguishes CMB from other "credit commons" is that all debts in CMB are user-to-user debts. There is no central administrative authority to decide who deserves to be trusted and who does not. Because of this, CMB can scale-up very well, so that local communities can be seamlessly aggregated into larger ones.
Another way of seeing CMB is as a partnership of independent Local Exchange Trading Systems, having a common marketplace for exchanging one LETS-currency for another (via circular trade).
- Does not suffer the double coincidence of wants problem. The trader you deliver goods to and the trader you obtain what you need from do not need to be the same person, so there is much more flexibility for arranging trades. That is: you supply products to customers who trust you, and you receive products from partners whom you trust.
- Invulnerable to sudden changes in the value of money. CMB uses money solely as a standard of value for a short period of time (typically a day).
- Allows users to issue their own currencies (called "products"). Therefore, trading is not limited by the global scarcity of money or any other commodity.
- Users can make direct payments to each other.
- Convenient to use on smartphones.
- Works even on very old phones (WAP 2.0).
- Can be installed from docker images (https://hub.docker.com/r/epandurski/cmbarter/)
- You can see CMB working at https://scripmint.me/about/
Financial and Insurance Industry, Science/Research, Manufacturing
Python Database API, PostgreSQL (pgsql)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cmb/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.