This is the Linux app named CiteSpace whose latest release can be downloaded as CiteSpace-6.1.3.msi. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named CiteSpace with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Visit the new site: https://citespace.podia.com
CiteSpace generates interactive visualizations of structural and temporal patterns and trends of a scientific field. It facilitates a systematic review of a knowledge domain through an in-depth visual analytic process. It can process citation data from popular sources such as the Web of Science, Scopus, Dimensions, and the Lens. CiteSpace also supports basic visual analytic functions for datasets without citation-related information, for example, PubMed, CNKI, ProQuest Dissertations and Theses. CiteSpace reveals how a field of research has evolved, what intellectual turning points are evident along a critical path, and what topics have attracted attention. CiteSpace can be applied repeatedly so as to track the development of a field closely and extensively.
The e-book How to Use CiteSpace explains the design principles and functions along with illustrative examples in more detail:
- Visual exploration of a research field
- Structural and temporal overview
- Finding hottopics and emerging trends
- Cascading citation expansion
- Systematic visual analysis of scientific literature
- Intellectual landscape of a knowledge domain
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/citespace/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.