This is the Linux app named computem to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as readme.txt. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named computem to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
computem to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTIONThese programs calculate high resolution conventional and scanning transmission electron microscope (CTEM, STEM) images of thin specimens from first principles using the multislice method for electrons in the energy range of approximately 60 keV to 1000 keV. The fundamental theory and usage are described in "Advanced Computing in Electron Microscopy" (Springer 2010, 2020-in press) and Acta Cryst. A72 (2016) p. 1 by Earl J. Kirkland. Please refer to these for the theory of calculation and how to use these programs.
computem uses a GUI and the temsim group uses a command line interface. The user is assumed to have some understanding of optics, Fourier transforms, electron microscopy and computer skills at the graduate or advanced undergraduate level. Click on "Files" to download Windows and Mac binary executable files or source code.
All code is AS-IS with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE of any kind to the extent permitted by law under the GNU public license (GPL).
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/computem/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.