This is the Linux app named Continual Sync whose latest release can be downloaded as continual-sync-0.0.6.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Continual Sync with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Continual Sync is a tool to synchronise one directory tree with another, with rsync, using the inotify mechanism to keep the copy constantly up to date very efficiently by making rsync do as little work as possible.
It can be used to mirror directories between machines asynchronously, for instance backing up your local files to an off-site file server.
The continual-sync tool is intended to be used in the background - set up once and forgotten about. For example, it can be used to back up hundreds of Linux desktops to a central server with no user interaction, and with changes appearing on the central server within minutes of the originals being changed on the desktop.
The package also includes the "watchdir" utility, which writes change notification files when the contents of a directory are altered.
See the project home page for more information.
Advanced End Users, System Administrators
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/continual-sync/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.