This is the Linux app named Copy-document whose latest release can be downloaded as Copy-document.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Copy-document with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Recover your Libreoffice documents !
Everything was going good. You wrote something in Libreoffice Writer and saved it.
After a few minutes, you wanted to edit your document, accidentally deleted some or all of its content. Moreover, you saved over it. This is a disaster ! But now you can recover at least 50% of your document from your saved copy.
Run Copy-document.sh (run in terminal) before writing something in Libreoffice writer and be sure to save your document at every 15 minutes.
When you lose your document, go to terminal screen giving information about the copying process. Just see the last updated folder (for example Documents-9). That means, you'll have to look for your document in Documents-9 folder. Press CTRL + C , that will stop the script and the update process.
Now you can find your document.
- Create-folders.sh is run only once. It creates the environment.
- Copy-document.sh, firstly copies all documents to 12 folders and then only copies new documents or updates documents that have been changed. This script continues this copy process at 5 minute intervals.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/copy-document/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.