This is the Linux app named cpDetector whose latest release can be downloaded as cpdetector_1.0.10_binary.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named cpDetector with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
cpDetector is a proxy for codepage detection of documents. It delegates to multiple instances that try to detect the codepage by different techinques. A command line executeable is shipped that allows to sort documents by codepage.
- Extendable framework for detection strategies
- Byte order mark detection
- ASCII detection
- Guessing strategy (jchartdet, based on the mozilla code page detection)
- XML header detection
- HTML header detection
- Command line interface for transcoding / detecting / sorting (by codepage) trees of files
- See comparison: http://fredeaker.blogspot.com/2007/01/character-encoding-detection.html
- Fast: http://tinyurl.com/cpdetector-icu-performance
Information Technology, Developers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cpdetector/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.