This is the Linux app named CXX whose latest release can be downloaded as 1.0.56.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named CXX with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
CXX is a library that offers safe interop between Rust and C++. It provides a safe mechanism for calling C++ code from Rust and vice versa, one that is protected from the many possible things that can go wrong when bindgen or cbindgen is used to generate unsafe C-style bindings.
The general idea of CXX is to define the signatures of both sides of the FFI boundary embedded together in one Rust module. CXX gets a complete picture from this of the boundary, and through it is able to perform static analyses against the types and function signatures, ensuring that both Rust's and C++'s invariants and requirements are upheld. CXX then emits the relevant extern "C" signatures on both sides through a pair of code generators. This is done together with any necessary static assertions needed for later in the build process to verify correctness. The result is an FFI bridge that operates at zero or negligible overhead, with no copying, serialization or memory allocation needed.
- Shared structs
- Opaque types
- Functions are implemented and callable in either language
- Many builtin types
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cxx.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.