This is the Linux app named D2X-XL whose latest release can be downloaded as d2x-xl-win-1.18.76.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named D2X-XL with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
D2X-XL is an OpenGL port of the classic 3D Shooter game Descent 2 for Win32, Linux and Mac OS X, containing many enhancements and bug fixes while preserving full backwards compatibility.
- Full colored lighting, lightmaps, per pixel lighting
- Smoke, lightning, volumetric glare, gun effects (light and smoke trails, tracers, lightning bolts, dynamic shield effects, thruster flames, transparent, additively blended explosions)
- Anaglyph 3D rendering (amber/blue, red/cyan, green/magenta)
- Many multiplayer enhancements (true CTF, Entropy, Monsterball, up to 16 players, tracker support, UDP/IP connectivity)
- Massive level building enhancements (up to 20000 segments and 2000 walls, triangular segments, new segment types, new programmable trigger types, sound and effect objects, cameras, in-level teleports)
- Many gameplay enhancements (improved collision detection, improved collision physics, framerate independent weapon behavior, improved cockpit)
- High resolution textures, ship and robot models, high quality sound
- Allows full per mission modding of all game elements (models, AI, textures, sound, music)
- In-game context-based help function
- Simple automatic installation
- Sophisticated level editor (flexible interface, OpenGL renderer, 1st and 3rd person views, advanced lighting and segment editing functions)
- Oculus Rift support
- and much, much more
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/d2x-xl/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.