This is the Linux app named Darkbot whose latest release can be downloaded as darkbot7f3.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Darkbot with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
[ Please read https://sourceforge.net/p/darkbot/news/2014/01/darkbots-revitalization/ ]
Darkbot is a portable IRC chat robot written in the C language that can be taught responses to user inquiries, and even have conversations with them. Darkbot was originally created by Jason Hamilton as an aid for help channels on Intenet Relay Chat.
- Cross platform (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)
- Small size program and easy to configure.
- Multi-lingual - English, French, Spanish, Dutch, Latin, Arabic, Greek, Ebonics, Pig Latin, Russian- KOI8 encoding, Russian - CP1251 encoding, Portuguese, German, Italian, Chinese, Swedish, Norwegian, Romanian.
- Dozens of commands and aliases, controlling functions of Darkbot Administration, Database Management, Channel Operation, User Access, Utilities, Status and Information.
- Robot administration with commands to change online Darkbot's nickname, user id, virtual host, default channel and it's command character prefix; change servers, restart session or deactivate it; a sleep mode to temporarily stop reacting to channel text; it also has a command to send raw messages or notices to the server, channels or users.
- Database controlled online or/and offline with commands making it possible to give strait or random answers to key-words or phrases, in human style, picking words from users and displaying them in the replies with a tokenized mechanism, output of replies with more than one line of text, or commands at a time; management of it's database with functions to add, delete, replace, display and backup topics/replies; use of wildcards on it's topics; several pre-defined but flexible variables that can be inserted on replies; a fast internal search engine permitting look for words in the database.
- Several channel operation commands, i.e. op, deop, simulate op, voice, devoice, kick, ban and temp ban; set topic and auto-topic; join, leaves and cycles channels; channel information with total number of users and seen joins.
- Commands to display the status and information of the memory, ram, code, database uptime and others. Wildcards within multi-word topics to define NLP processing.
- Handy utilities, like an alarm clock, a calculator, a way of checking the length of words or phrases, display date and time, ping, and unix time calculation.
- Raw IRC commands on connect giving the possibility to automatically perform tasks like any IRC client program; CTCP ping and version replies.
- Many more options and functions changeable on the configuration scripts.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkbot/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.