This is the Linux app named Dat whose latest release can be downloaded as dat-14.0.0-linux-x64.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Dat with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
A distributed data community for the next generation Web. Technology built by community, financed responsibly, and given away for free to the public. The Dat Foundation is a small non-profit group that provides social and technical infrastructure for the consortium of projects and working groups. We believe information and communication technology should be transparently funded and operated. At the scale of the web, every decision can have a massive impact on our political systems and social well-being. Dat is governed openly through a series of working groups. Dat is a protocol for sharing data between computers. Dat’s strengths are that data is hosted and distributed by many computers on the network, that it can work offline or with poor connectivity, that the original uploader can add or modify data while keeping a full history and that it can handle large amounts of data.
- Dat is a protocol for sharing data between computers
- The software around Dat brings publishing within reach for people with a wide range of skills
- Use it for websites, art, music releases, peer-to-peer chat programs and many other experiments
- Dat clients use several different methods for discovering peers who they can download data from
- Discovery keys are used for finding other peers who are interested in the same Dat as you
- Calculate a Dat’s discovery key using the BLAKE2b hashing function, keyed with the public key
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/dat.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.