This is the Linux app named Database Benchmark whose latest release can be downloaded as DatabaseBenchmark-3.0.0-Final.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Database Benchmark with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
The project is moved to GitHub: https://github.com/STSSoft/DatabaseBenchmark. We will continue to upload the source and binaries here, but the code repository will be innactive.
Database Benchmark is one of the most powerfull open source tools designed to stress test database management systems with large data flows.
The application performs two main test scenarios:
- Insertion of large amount of randomly generated records with sequential or random keys;
- Read of the inserted records, ordered by their keys.
Database Benchmark can be used as an additional viewpoint when the research engineers or software architects asses the appropriate background storage engine for their mission critical systems. The application contains useful tools that make it easy to test and evaluate the different solutions.
- Advanced Data Generators - special algorithms that provide close to real-life data streams.
- Graphic Vsualization and Export - chart visualization and export of the test results.
- Easy to Use - Intuitive and easy to use interface.
Information Technology, Advanced End Users, System Administrators, Developers, End Users/Desktop, Testers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/benchmark/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.