This is the Linux app named ddgr whose latest release can be downloaded as ddgrv2.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ddgr with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
ddgr is a cmdline utility to search DuckDuckGo from the terminal. While googler is highly popular among cmdline users, in many forums the need of a similar utility for privacy-aware DuckDuckGo came up. DuckDuckGo Bangs are super-cool too! So here's ddgr for you!
Unlike the web interface, you can specify the number of search results you would like to see per page. It's more convenient than skimming through 30-odd search results per page. The default interface is carefully designed to use minimum space without sacrificing readability.
ddgr isn't affiliated to DuckDuckGo in any way.
- Fast and clean (no ads, stray URLs or clutter), custom color
- Designed to deliver maximum readability at minimum space
- Specify the number of search results to show per page
- Navigate result pages from omniprompt, open URLs in browser
- Search and option completion scripts for Bash, Zsh and Fish
- DuckDuckGo Bang support (along with completion)
- Open the first result directly in browser (as in I'm Feeling Ducky)
- Non-stop searches: fire new searches at omniprompt without exiting
- Keywords (e.g. filetype:mime, site:somesite.com) support
- Limit search by time, specify region, disable safe search
- HTTPS proxy support, Do Not Track set, optionally disable User Agent
- Support custom url handler script or cmdline utility
- Comprehensive documentation, man page with handy usage examples
- Minimal dependencies
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/ddgr/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.