This is the Linux app named Deed Map whose latest release can be downloaded as DeedMap_v0_3.html. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Deed Map with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
The aim of Deed Mapper is to provide a relationship map between the parties of legal documents, the properties they relate to and the families that owned them over time.
Deeds are often an overlooked resource by family historians. Written in what might seem impenetrable legal language to the researcher and using terms that are unfamiliar in modern usage. This is a mistake as they often provide the framework for putting together family, social and business relationships. They link property to people through business transactions.
This “Deed Map” application is built using an Open Source tool TiddlyWiki and a key component TiddlyMap which provides a graphical representation of the relationships.
- Local History
Science/Research, Advanced End Users, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/deedmap/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.