This is the Linux app named diauxic growth model ensemble whose latest release can be downloaded as ensemble_diauxic_growth_fitted_models.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named diauxic growth model ensemble with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
diauxic growth model ensemble
An ensemble of mathematical model is presented that all show diauxic growth behaviour of a bacterial culture.
Carbon catabolite repression (CCR) is the main mechanism controlling
carbohydrate uptake in bacteria, and therefore also controlling
whether or not different carbon sources are metabolized in parallel or
sequentially. Although described as a paradigm of the regulation of
bacterial metabolism, the underlying mechanisms remain controversial.
The models in the ensemble can be categorized according to regulatory,
stoichiometric, and physiological constraints and differ from each
other on only a single aspect. We distinguish four groups of models:
(1) flux balance models that only define reaction kinetics for
substrate uptake and by-product excretion, (2) kinetic models without
and (3) kinetic models with regulation on the metabolic and/or genetic
level, and (4) resource allocation models.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/diauxic-growth-model-ensemble/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.