This is the Linux app named Digitial Diceworks Locomotion System whose latest release can be downloaded as InitialRelease.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Digitial Diceworks Locomotion System with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Digitial Diceworks Locomotion System
Digital Diceworks Locomotion System (DDLS) is an innovative movement system designed for use within Virtual Reality (VR) environments. It was designed to meet the need for a better way explore virtual worlds while reducing discomfort but still maintaining the immersive experience. DDLS is based on the observations of natural movement in the real world, simplfied for ease of use but robust enough to give you the freedom to perform fantastic feats. We took those observations and noticed something very important to creating our locomotion system, the motions users would initial make. When you start walking in the real world, you start by taking small step, if you were going to start running you were to start with a bigger step. The difference in these “initial motions” is the distance at which you moved from where you started, your origin. This is the core concept of the DDLS.
- Intuitive system that is easy to learn and use that offers many advanced possibilites
- Minimal discomfort to overcome long experience durations that extends to sensative users
- Offers a full range of motion with perfect control that makes all of virtual space accessible
- When the user activates the system, they don’t have to take steps to move around but instead just shift their weight in the initial motion of what they’re trying to do
- By doing the initial motion into their desired direction, the user is reconnecting themselves mentally to their avatar
- When the user activates the system (within our demo), they’re creating the origin point where they’re holding the controller
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/digitial-diceworks-ls.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.