This is the Linux app named DirSize whose latest release can be downloaded as Release-v2.2.6.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named DirSize with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DirSize is a directory reporting tool. It recursively scans the provided (or current) directory, and reports the number of files and director sizes of each subdirectory present. It also defaults to sorting by by directory size, but there are other options.
One of the interesting things about DirSize is it shows a visual representation of the file sizes of counts. I call this a SizeMap or FilesMap and it's the area to the right of the output. If you sort by size (default or -ss) or directories (-sd) is will show the SizeMap. If sorted by file counts (-sf) the map will change to show a visual representation of the number of files per subdirectory, sorted from high to low.
This is a single executable JAR file. While you will need Java installed, there is no need to install this program. Just download the JAR file, please it somewhere convenient, and execute it from the command line:
java -jar dirsize.jar
See https://github.com/frossm/dirsize for details
- Command Line
- Recursive Scanning
- Visual "Maps" to Show Relative Differences
- Multiple sorting options
- Fast scanning
- Error Reporting
- Exporting Results as CSV
- No Installation Needed
- Single File Executable
- Written in Java - should run anywhere
System Administrators, Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/dirsizer/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.