This is the Linux app named dvi2bitmap whose latest release can be downloaded as dvi2bitmap-1.0.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named dvi2bitmap with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
dvi2bitmap is a utility to convert TeX DVI files directly to bitmaps, without going through the complicated (and slow!) route of conversion via PostScript and PNM. The prime motivation for this is to prepare mathematical equations for inclusion in HTML files, but there is a broad range of uses beyond that.
* is written in portable C++, and the program acts as a wrapper round the libdvi2bitmap library (both static and shareable), which abstracts DVI and PK files and their contents, Bitmaps, and various other objects supporting these; the library has extensive API documentation, and is intended to be useful for other projects;
* can generate XBM, XPM and GIF bitmaps, plus PNG, if you have the libpng library installed;
* uses the same kpathsea font-searching library as other TeX programs;
* can read DVI files from a pipe;
* automatically expands internal bitmaps;
* is fast.
Advanced End Users, Developers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/dvi2bitmap/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.