This is the Linux app named EasyNC whose latest release can be downloaded as easync_v1.2_source_20140212.tgz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named EasyNC with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONEasyNC is a bundle of Fortran 90 modules which enable users to read/write data files in netCDF format. It uses netCDF library and the Fortran90 interface. EasyNC is a short-cut for use of netCDF library and it also provides several functions that make things very easy. It is a very powerful tool for post-processing of atmospheric/oceanic data. It does not require any convention and so users can edit their files in netCDF format that do not follow CF convection because of which other soft wares cannot read the files in.
[Acknowledgement] EasyNC was initially developed as a pre-processing tool for visualization of atmospheric and oceanic data at Korea Supercomputing Center, supported by the KISTI project, "National Supercomputing Infrastructure and Application Service" in 2012.
Prof. Seong-Yu Hong and a graduate student Yui-Young Byun at Yonsei University
kindly have offered their WRF simulation data for the case of typoon Muifa which
passed the Korean Peninsular in August 2011.
- Easy installation and usage
- Four basic functions and seven supplementary functions
- Sample Fortran programs for each function
- Essential for editing netCDF files that do not follow CF-convenction
- Powerful in dealing with multi-model data
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/easync/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.