This is the Linux app named EEPROM_editor whose latest release can be downloaded as EEPROMEditor.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named EEPROM_editor with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
This is a single purpose programmer for a 4MB EEPROM chip which is intended to be used as a universal logic device in a state machine. This fills the gap between circuits that are too complex for discrete logic gates while also not being suitable for Arduino type control.
FPGAs are suitable for these applications, but the learning curve is steep, the tools are complex and for small one off projects, not worth the effort.
An Arduino Nano will be used as an interposer between a Python script doing the programming and SPI connected port expander chips used for generating the required signals. This makes project development simple with relatively simple tools, simple hardware and a shallow learning curve.
The chip is available as a leaded part so wire wrap can be used to quickly build the programmer. Current draw is also low enough that the Arduino can be used to power the programmer.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/eprom-editor/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.