This is the Linux app named Egof whose latest release can be downloaded as setup_Egof_3.0.6.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Egof with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Facilitates retrieval of personalized comments previously put into code. While writing new, (or reviewing old) code, user adds search-tag (the string "EGOF") to comments. Subsequently running Egof (followed by optional search words) retrieves them.
Code can be in any programming language, or scripts used by applications, or HTML or LaTex files.
Sounds like a combination of Unix find/grep, but has many more features. Searching is faster since database files are created, one per language. When creating them Egof goes through all (or specified subset of) user's folders/files, finds instances of the search-tag, and stores those lines of code plus some surrounding code.
During running, Egof displays a prompt, and allows users to change options and modify the search, (using the same option-parsing software that was used to parse the command line.)
Egof is command-line based.
The documentation is comprehensive. Please invest <5 min to read the "Overview" section. Thank you.
- Searches can be narrowed by adding additional word(s) at the prompt or command line.
- Precede a search word with "!" to specify that it NOT be present in a comment.
- Remove a specific word from the search list
- Set the search to an OR or AND of the search words
- Search that portion of the line that precedes, follows, or both sides of the search-tag
- Case-sensitive or insensitive search
- Regexp-style search available
- Display a wider range of lines around the line that contains the search-tag
- Limit the search to files in or below current working directory (--cwd or --cwd+)
- Limit the number of results displayed
Science/Research, System Administrators, Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/egof/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.