This is the Linux app named ElastAlert whose latest release can be downloaded as v0.0.52.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ElastAlert with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
We designed ElastAlert to be reliable, highly modular, and easy to set up and configure. It works by combining Elasticsearch with two types of components, rule types and alerts. Elasticsearch is periodically queried and the data is passed to the rule type, which determines when a match is found. When a match occurs, it is given to one or more alerts, which take action based on the match. This is configured by a set of rules, each of which defines a query, a rule type, and a set of alerts. Several rule types with common monitoring paradigms are included with ElastAlert. Alerts link to Kibana dashboards. Aggregate counts for arbitrary fields. Combine alerts into periodic reports. Separate alerts by using a unique key field. Intercept and enhance match data. Additional rule types and alerts can be easily imported or written.
- ElastAlert saves its state to Elasticsearch and, when started, will resume where previously stopped
- If Elasticsearch is unresponsive, ElastAlert will wait until it recovers before continuing
- Alerts which throw errors may be automatically retried for a period of time
- ElastAlert has three main components that may be imported as a module or customized
- The rule type is responsible for processing the data returned from Elasticsearch
- Alerts are responsible for taking action based on a match
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/elastalert.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.