This is the Linux app named Electronic WeChat whose latest release can be downloaded as V2.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Electronic WeChat with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
A better WeChat on macOS and Linux. Built with Electron by Zhongyi Tong. If you want to build the app by yourself rather than download the release directly, please consider to use the source code from the production branch, the master branch is under development and we cannot guarantee it to be stable. The supported and available features are: a modern UI and all features from Web WeChat, block message recall, stickers showing support, share subscribed passages on Weibo, Qzone, Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, and email. Also, you can mention users in a group chat, drag and drop to send photos. it behaves like a native app, based on dozens of optimization, and removes URL link redirects and takes you directly to blocked websites (e.g. taobao.com). Install with your familiar package manager. Electronic WeChat is released by this open source project. While Web WeChat is a major component in the app, it should be noted that this is a community release and not an official WeChat release.
- Modern UI and all features from Web WeChat
- Block message recall
- Stickers showing support
- Share subscribed passages on Weibo, Qzone, Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, and email
- Mention users in a group chat
- Drag and drop to send photos
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/electronic-wechat.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.