This is the Linux app named Element whose latest release can be downloaded as element-v1.8.5.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Element with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Element, formerly known as Vector and Riot, is a glossy Matrix collaboration client built using the Matrix React SDK. It offers teams, friends and organizations a secure, all in one chat app that is protected from pesky ads and data mining methods. All communications are done through the open global Matrix network, secured with end-to-end encryption.
Element gives you all the services you need from a chat app: group chat, video calls, file sharing and more-- all done securely and in total privacy. Element has three different tiers of support for different environments, the most supported being the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari on desktop OSes.
- Secure, end-to-end encryption
- Support for various desktop environments
- Multilingual support
- Messaging, voice and video
- Group chat
- File and screen sharing
- Works with all Matrix-based apps
- Free and open source
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/element-web.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.