This is the Linux app named EncTool whose latest release can be downloaded as enctool-0.3-bin.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named EncTool with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Command line tool to detect and convert files encoding.
Works with files or directories.
Can be used to add or remove UTF-8 BOM.
EncTool requires Java 1.5 or highter.
- Detect encoding of file or directory (recursive).
- Convert encoding of file or directory (recursive).
- Display additional informations : confidence, language.
- Display files with different encoding from one selected.
- Filter file names with regular expression.
- Add or remove UTF-8 BOM.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/enctool/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.