This is the Linux app named Engine.IO whose latest release can be downloaded as 6.2.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Engine.IO with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
In most cases, the connection will be established with WebSocket, providing a low-overhead communication channel between the server and the client. Rest assured! In case the WebSocket connection is not possible, it will fall back to HTTP long-polling. And if the connection is lost, the client will automatically try to reconnect. Scale to multiple servers and send events to all connected clients with ease. Socket.IO is a library that enables real-time, bidirectional and event-based communication between the browser and the server. There are also several client implementation in other languages, which are maintained by the community. The client will try to establish a WebSocket connection if possible, and will fall back on HTTP long polling if not. WebSocket is a communication protocol which provides a full-duplex and low-latency channel between the server and the browser.
- Node.js server
- You can consider the Socket.IO client as a "slight" wrapper around the WebSocket API
- Socket.IO provides additional features over a plain WebSocket object
- It adds additional metadata to each packet
- Socket.IO is not meant to be used in a background service, for mobile applications
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/engine-io.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.