This is the Linux app named Envoy whose latest release can be downloaded as v1.28.0sourcecode.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Envoy with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Envoy is an open source, high-performance edge/middle/service proxy designed for cloud-native applications. It was built by Lyft to solve the common problem of networking and observability when moving to a distributed architecture. Envoy is a proxy designed for single services and applications. Aside from that it is also a communication bus and “universal data plane” designed for large microservice “service mesh” architectures. It runs right along with every application, and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. With Envoy, visualizing problem areas becomes a lot easier thanks to consistent observability. It also helps with overall performance tuning, and easily adding substrate features in one place.
- Out of process architecture
- HTTP/2 and GRPC support
- Advanced load balancing
- Robust APIs for configuration management
- Deep observability
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/envoy.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.