This is the Linux app named Erebus whose latest release can be downloaded as LinktoErebusfiles.html. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Erebus with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONErebus is a 2D real-time role-playing game, for Windows, Linux, Symbian and Android. This is under development, though already playable with three quests. Classic point-n-click style RPG, with dungeons to explore, enemies to fight, NPCs to talk to, sub-quests to complete, scenery to interact with, weapons, treasure and other items to find. Also supports Rogue-like keyboard controls.
Binaries available for Windows and Android. Linux must be compiled from source. Older versions are available for Symbian.
I am also developing the underlying game engine so that it can potentially be used to create new RPGs.
- Multiple quests (currently three, more will be added as development progresses!)
- Also provides randomly generated dungeons to explore.
- Choice of starting characters (currently Barbarian, Elf, Halfling, Ranger, Warrior), each with their own special skills.
- Start straight into the action - none of this "For your first quest, please find your next door neighbour's pet cat".
- Vector-based world rather than tile-based - so items/scenery can be placed in any position, or aligned in any direction.
- 2D animated graphics, with zoom in/out, and lighting effects.
- Completely free and Open Source - no ads, unlike many free Android apps.
- User interface optimised to work with mouse, keyboard and/or touchscreen.
- Cross-platform - available for Windows, Linux, Nokia Symbian and Android devices.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/erebusrpg/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.