This is the Linux app named Eureka whose latest release can be downloaded as v1.10.16.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Eureka with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Eureka is a REST (Representational State Transfer) based service that is primarily used in the AWS cloud for locating services for the purpose of load balancing and failover of middle-tier servers. t Netflix, Eureka is used for the following purposes apart from playing a critical part in mid-tier load balancing. For aiding Netflix Asgard, an open source service which makes cloud deployments easier, in fast rollback of versions in case of problems avoiding the re-launch of 100's of instances which could take a long time. In rolling pushes, for avoiding propagation of a new version to all instances in case of problems. For our cassandra deployments to take instances out of traffic for maintenance. For our memcached caching services to identify the list of nodes in the ring. For carrying other additional application specific metadata about services for various other reasons.
- Eureka fills a big gap in the area of mid-tier load balancing
- Eureka is analogous to internal DNS and has nothing to do with the DNS servers across the world
- Eureka is also region-isolated in the sense that it does not know about servers in other AWS regions
- You can use Eureka to obtain the target server address and use protocols such as thrift, http(s) or any other RPC mechanisms
- With Eureka you can add or remove cluster nodes on the fly
- Eureka Servers are resilient to other eureka peers going down
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/eureka.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.