This is the Linux app named fastPTOptimizer whose latest release can be downloaded as libpano13-2022-03-06.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named fastPTOptimizer with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
This is a fork of Panorama Tools / libpano13-2.9.21 Mercurial.
PTOptimizer is part of panorama tools, a great software for aligning and stitching several partially overlapping photos in order to get a bigger photo. When you have only a small or medium number of images and control points, the original PTOptimizer does the optimization in a fairly short time.
However if you have a large number of images (several hundrets or more than thousand) and control points, PTOptimizer typically needs much time (up to several days) for the optimization of the parameters.
fastPTOptimizer decreases the processing time for large panoramas (a speedup factor of 100 or more can be achieved). This is possible by exploiting the sparseness of the mathematical optimization problem. The original PTOptimizer uses the well proven Levenberg Marquardt optimizer lmdif from the minpack software. fastPTOptimizer uses a "sparse" optimizer lmdif_sparse that uses the SuiteSparse library.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/fastptoptimizer/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.