This is the Linux app named FASTQSim to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as FASTQsim_v2.0.tgz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named FASTQSim to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
FASTQSim to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTIONFASTQSim is a tool that provides the dual functionality of Next-Gen Sequencing dataset characterization and metagenomic data generation.
FASTQSim is sequencing platform-independent, and computes distributions of read length, quality scores, indel rates, single point mutation rates, indel size, and similar statistics for any sequencing
platform. To create training or testing datasets, FASTQSim has the ability to convert target sequences into in silico reads with matching
FASTQsim allows the user to simulate individual read datasets that can be used as standardized test scenarios for planning sequencing projects or for benchmarking metagenomic software. In this regard, in silico datasets generated with the FASTQsim tool hold several advantages over natural datasets: they are sequencing platform independent, extremely well characterized, and less expensive to generate.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/fastqsim/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.