This is the Linux app named fileaxy whose latest release can be downloaded as Fileaxy-143.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named fileaxy with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Fileaxy is a file de-duplication, organization, synchronization, and bulk previewing tool which utilizes a new user interface for local file management. Using content hashing or machine vision algorithms, Fileaxy can detect identical files as well as similar images, videos, or fonts and correlate those to others based on naming conventions. Optionally integrates with ImageMagick, GraphicsMagick, FFmpeg, and Mac Sips file decoding with a simple button click.
Fileaxy opens NO network connections and will NOT request passwords. Fileaxy uses NO 3rd party libraries or code. Read/write wear to SSDs and mechanical drives is minimized where possible. Runs with Java 8+ [https://adoptopenjdk.net] on Mac, Windows, and Linux distros. My goal is to have Fileaxy manage 1 million available and unavailable files and their relationships live in the UI.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Copyright 2013-2020 by Stephen Baber
- View only files with duplicated contents
- View only images that are similar whether flipped or rotated
- View a day calendar of files with monthly modification histogram
- Calculate multi-file MD5, SHA-1 or SHA-256
- View file & folder structural differences across two paths
- 1-way path or drive synchronization minimizing flash writes by destination file renaming and relocating, then when necessary deleting or copying with preserved attributes.
- Prefix a selection of file names or their numerical ordering
- Search files or folders for path integrated tag words
- Group files by kind, folder name, alphanumeric series, preview size, and more
- Show slides of image files and promote favorites
- Protect a favorite folder from changes
- Search files by access attributes, largest sizes, uniqueness, archetype, restricted name, and more
- Move or copy files and directories
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/fileaxy/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.