This is the Linux app named filesize monitor to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as filesizeMonitor_0.5.py. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named filesize monitor to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
filesize monitor to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:A short python script to monitor filesize changes and to email the file contents to a gmail user once the file is no longer being changed. Useful for keeping track of data-generating programs and as an early alert system for data collection problems.
- Monitors a file for size changes over time
- Alerts user by email when file changes stop
- Emails file contents to user as attachment
- Works specifically with gmail
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/filesizemonitor/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.